August 8, 2021 at 9:18 am #685lastname610fa0e43737aParticipant@anton8-610fa0e43737b
I teach 10-12 year old kids in an elementary school in Australia. In my classes we have:
Made an app for Subway using a program that does not require coding
Programmed drones via Blockly
Key-mapped body constraints detected by a Kinect to control our programmed drones
Key-mapped voice commands to control our programmed drone.
I am now looking into BCI devices and have the potential to purchase an Emotiv Insight to see if we can then fly the drones using our brain/thoughts/commands. I have already set up an account and downloaded the Basic API.
My research on what I need to do is contained below but I need to verify if I am correct before purchasing an Emotiv Insight.
Is this correct?
Buy the headset, connect and set it up.
Download EmotivPro Lite (https://www.emotiv.com/emotivpro/) – Limit: No data import / export
Use the free EmotivBCI (https://www.emotiv.com/emotiv-bci/) to train commands (personal and guest user).
Then, if we have the Emotiv Pro Lite license, can we:
4. Install EmotivBCI Node Red Toolbox (https://emotiv.gitbook.io/emotivbci-node-red-toolbox/) – install Node.js LTS 8.x and requires BCI API Developer License (free) to access Dev Kits. I registered @ https://www.emotiv.com/bci-api-application-form/ and it sent me to the Emotiv Installer (Emotiv-Installer-v2.7.3-x64).
or does the Emotive Pro Lite license render no data being able to sent to Node Red?
5. Potentially visit:
Keymapping a keystroke @ https://flows.nodered.org/flow/12eada2ca5343bb824d14136f3203bb7 and
https://gist.github.com/duytan90/12eada2ca5343bb824d14136f3203bb7 to potentially map a mental command to control a keyboard button (e.g. W,, A, S, D, up arrow, spacebar, left arrow, right arrow)
If payment is needed to keymap, then instead:
6. Install EmotivBCI OSC (https://www.emotiv.com/emotiv-bci/osc/ – Paid $US99 per year) to send those commands to a third party application (e.g. Python, Raspberry Pi) and use Node.js to key map commands?
7. Install BrainViz (https://www.emotiv.com/product/brainviz/ – Paid $US99 one time payment ) to see the brain mapping (nothing to do with keymapping but for a learning activity).
- This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by lastname610fa0e43737a.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.